Monday, February 9, 2009

birthday card as promised

Hey there!
As predicted I got to make a card for my grandmother and even made one for my cousin too (her birthday is Valentine's day). So first for my grandmother's card I used pink card textured card stock then added two layers of brown 1 plain and 1 flower patterned. The happy birthday stamp was heat embossed. I added brads to the corners, a button heart to the watering can and floral ribbon. I think it turned out pretty good. I wanted something simple yet eloquent.

The card for my cousin is all purple because it's her favorite colour (she's going to be six). I heat embossed flowers all over the card and also heat embossed the "happy birthday balloons" all in an iridescent powder. I used a flower brad also in purple and just highlighted the happy birthday with a small piece of white paper. On the inside I used purple striped ribbon to make a frame to focus on the note.

No comments:

Post a Comment